The Certificate II in Business provides students with administrative and computer skills for work in the business sector. Students will be taught basic office, communication and clerical administration procedures, how to use a range of business communications technology as well as use of computer software.
|Date/Times:||25 March - 1 May 2013|
3 days per week; Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday; for 6 weeks
This course has been funded for people who live or work in the ACT and identify themselves as belonging to at least one of the following target groups:
Note: People who have completed a Certificate III or above through a Government training program are not eligible.
Funding for this course is contributed by the ACT Training and Education Directorate's Priority Support Program
Certificate II in Business (BSB20107)
A minimum of 12 units is required for the Certificate II Business qualification including 1 core unit and 11 elective units.
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others (BSBWHS201A) - core
- Communicate in the workplace (BSBCMM201A)
- Deliver a service to customers (BSBCUS201A)
- Process and maintain workplace information (BSBINM201A)
- Handle mail (BSBINM202A)
- Work effectively in a business environment (BSBIND201A)
- Create electronic presentations (BSBITU302A)
- Create and use spreadsheets (BSBITU202A)
- Communicate electronically (BSBITU203A)
- Organise and complete daily work activities (BSBWOR202A)
- Work effectively with others (BSBWOR203A)
- Use business technology (BSBWOR204A)
Download Forms for this Course:
Other Upcoming Courses:
This course provides participants with a range of skills necessary for the world of work, from using computers, customer service, and administration to safe manual handling practices.
Opportunities Plus provides students with administrative and computer skills for work in the business sector. Students will be taught basic office, communication and clerical administration procedures, how to use a range of business communications technology as well as use of computer software.
This program has been designed to help participants with the job application process and bring them up to date with current office practices including office communication, technology, the use of software packages and an understanding of the public sector.
CHANCES is a great support and training program that helps Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Australians (living in the ACT) to gain skills and access services to help them make choices leading to a life that includes having a job, being financially independent and a stronger sense of being part of the community.
Support services provided:
- childcare / after school activities and Homework Club assisted by tutors
- transport to and from Belconnen provided by Northside Community Service for participants and children
- FREE family dinner twice a week for participants and children attending the program
- mentoring by members from the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community
- access to range of other service providers and organisations in a friendly environment
This program has been designed to bring participants up-to-date with current office practices. It includes developing basic keyboarding and computing skills and gaining an understanding of the community sector. We offer a friendly and relaxed atmosphere in which to learn new skills, make new friends and have some fun.